Contract Managed Markets MSLs
(also known as: Managed Care Liaisons, Managed Care MSLs, or Health Outcomes Liaisons)
Each client engagement is customized to meet specific need(s) and size requirements utilizing flexible, talented, and experienced field-based medical professionals to build out their medical managed markets capabilities.
Our network of field-based Managed Markets Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are highly experienced medical professionals. These MSLs represent a client’s field medical team with a high degree of scientific and business acumen. Their areas of experience include, but are not limited to Rare Diseases, Hematology, Oncology, Hemophilia, Multiple Sclerosis, Immunology, Neurology/CNS, Parkinson’s Disease.
It is essential in today’s hyper-competitive environment that pharmaceutical/biotech companies quickly and effectively educate payers and providers regarding their products’ clinical differentiations and value proposition.
Our Managed Markets MSLs…
(also known as: Managed care Liaisons, Managed Care MSLs, or Health Outcomes Liaisons)
- Have expertise in managed, including specialty pharmacy and prescription benefit managers (PBM), public health sector, as well as health outcomes
- Strong communication and strategic skills; demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for medical engagement
- Have demonstrated customer-focus, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills
- Provide medical support to managed care account teams
- Serve as an external national scientific resource
- Engage in credible and transparent scientific information exchange with formulary decision makers and other key stakeholders, such as physicians, pharmacists and nurses
- Use their scientific knowledge and skills to communicate our client’s products clinical evidence
- Use their business acumen to communicate our client’s products value proposition
- Respond to unsolicited medical requests for information regarding products
- Collect credible competitive information bringing the medical voice of the customer to inside a client’s organization
- Provide internal teams with the managed care perspective
- Participate in advisory boards and other forums as appropriate
- Attend relevant medical conferences/congresses
- Assist in the development of and critical review of managed care materials/tools such as economic models, AMCP dossiers & slide decks
Toward the end of each engagement period, the client may choose to:
Extend the current agreement based upon need.
Have our contracted staff coordinate warm hand-offs.
Hire these contracted professionals as permanent members of your team, if mutually agreeable to all parties.
Add a tail to the contract for minimum coverage.
Benefits to Pharmaceutical Client
- receive highly experienced field-based medical managed market professionals (liaisons)
- these individuals are ready to go
- delivery of face-to-face formulary decision maker presentations
- staff available across the country
- provide both internal and external engagement with key stakeholders
- internal medical committee participation
- other field-based teams
- resource vendors
- interface with external resources for tool development such as slides and/or tools to demonstrate product value
- no searching, screening and training (except product & disease specific, internal requirements) of this medical team
- flexible staffing arrangements – staffing up during launch prep and launch, while staffing down in post launch stage without staff cuts
- avoid hiring any D-degree person just to fill an opening
- avoid turnover when inexperienced staff leave to another company after putting in their year or two to get experience
- avoid lost opportunity costs when hiring inexperienced field-based medical professionals during critical launch periods